My Spanish Conversation Courses will help you speak the language in a reasonable period of time, with fluency, confidence, and content that is clear, accurate and adapted to your level of proficiency at different times of your learning process. Each of us can achieve this at a different pace. I will make use of the knowledge you have previously acquired, either in a formal setting, like school, or by studying on your own. Perhaps some of you have been learning by simply listening, watching and reading Spanish around you – California anyone?
If you have done some previous work, it would be a good idea to include some of the material you have previously used in our new course. This means that if you have an old notebook, book, CD’s, and maybe an old Spanish-speaking friend… you should dust them off and bring them to class. This reminds me of an important principle I use throughout my courses, which is to make use of all that previous knowledge you have acquired by building upon it as the foundation, which increases the pace at which we make progress at the beginning of our course.
FRANCISCO’S EXPERTISE IN CONVERSATION SKILLS
One element that is as important as grammar, vocabulary, and extensive practice is ‘Confidence’, and this is practiced, and therefore increased in my courses, just as with the other language skills.
a) Confidence: We make it a goal from your very first class and we start working on it as soon as possible with our lessons. The following is a description of these processes:
b) Fluency Beginners get it little by little through a good amount of language learning, in the form of strong pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar and strategies at first, then including Confidence-oriented activities soon after, which amounts to Fluency.
Then, students are able to communicate at the most basic levels, including phrases and interactions with native speakers.
Intermediate students get specific feedback on confidence soon after starting their course, this addresses the specific areas of improvement in these two very important areas: Spanish Knowledge and Conversation.
At advanced levels, these strategies can be practiced on a regular basis and included in your lessons from day 1.
– I will have you speak in months… How this works:
We recommend at least one 1.5 hour lesson weekly at a regular pace, or maybe 1 hour twice a week for accelerated learning, with the objective of having students learn the basics of conversation, the general principles of the language and reading/writing. Students often see results in a 4 month period at a regular pace or 3 months at an accelerated pace. At either pace, we instill confidence in the students to start speaking the language after 5-6 lessons per student.
After the student and teacher have established a good rapport in a course (from one to several lessons), the teacher will assess and explore the level of knowledge and skills of the student, at the same time, confidence will be established between the student and teacher, which in turn builds his/her confidence in the language and that all skills are developing.
Strategies, techniques in my lessons - the importance of consolidation
Unlike other methods and courses, in my Spanish Conversation Courses, I identify and explain the correction techniques, communication strategies, rapport, etc. that best suit your learning style. After understanding each student, I ask them to help me determine which ones they prefer and to what extent we should use them in the courses.
This is only an example of my techniques, correction ones:
1) Self-Correction: It gives you the chance to reinforce, remember, and consolidate things that you have previously learned in an easy and fast way. We will build on your prior knowledge (if any, no matter how little you might think you have) with new vocabulary, grammar structure, and many other elements that will be useful.
2) Follow-Up Correction: The teacher takes notes on relevant elements of our conversations, for the students to keep going as fluently as they can and only at the end go over the main points. It will give you a chance to increase fluency and fluidity while at the same time improving self-confidence.
3) Direct Correction: The most traditional technique, it highlights mistakes during an activity and provides the corrections, as necessary. Some students might require more of this technique before going to any of the previous ones, which will be agreed to between student and teacher.
Comparative advantages of my courses
Why Study with World in Spanish?
- My rates include tailored recordings, multimedia material (video clips, audio, movies, online material, etc.) and printed handouts as study material as the course develops. I will only ask you to purchase a reference book.
- You get discounts for the first month and, for private lessons, savings in the form of free extra teaching time following month 3.With World in Spanish, you pay the same or less than a monthly course at ‘large’ bloated schools.
- You have flexibility in scheduling your private lessons as only month to month (or small package) commitments and therefore, better logistics and more chances to achieve your goal.
- Individualized, one-on-one instruction: a much faster way to learn than in large groups.
- Very competitive rates with discounts And… You also will know you are with A ‘Pro’ with 20+ years of teaching experience.
Spanish Conversation Courses Scheduling And Logistics:
- We will choose a day and time to meet and that will be considered our basic schedule. If you have varied/changing professional or personal schedules, we can agree on a weekly programming of the lessons.
- It is very important for the student to commit to attending the number of lessons agreed upon every month. If students must reschedule, they will have a choice of rescheduling in the following ways:
- Students can request a change of schedule or cancel a lesson without any charge if they contact Francisco >48 hours in advance.
- For cancellation, students can also contact Francisco from 48 to 24 hours before a lesson with a charge of 50%.
- The quoted cost is for a monthly number of hours which gives students a better price than a smaller number of hours. For example, if we agree on four lessons a month (or a 4 week period), the price of these courses is different and better than a quote that only has 3, 2 or even 1 lesson a month, which will have a different quote that we can provide you if we are unable to meet our original plan of 4 weekly courses a month.
- Courses are prepaid (that is, at the first lesson of the first month, and then and the end of each month following the initial one).
DURATION AND LEVEL TO ACHIEVE:
Each course is programmed to last 3-4 month, and this is based in the average/recommended monthly duration of 6 hrs of instruction a month and personal practice time. These are duration and goals that I have seen are feasible after 20 years + of experience teaching adult learners. The number of hours is higher than that of the related ‘monthly teaching hours’ because it also includes your time practicing between lessons… y Gracias!
For intensive courses, you can calculate duration with the number of total hours (in parenthesis) and possible frequency of your lessons, so calendar time is a lot shorter of course..
And as promised there is more flexibility than most schools, so mention your specific needs when contacting us or starting your courses.
— Muchas gracias !!
Get the very Best Special ever in Spanish lessons. Summary of my current rates:
For in-person private teaching $60 per hour
And $30 per hour for online learning
Self formed groups start at $75 an hour for 2 students
Most new students get a discount in their first month and free time from the fourth one on.
They include your book, recordings, multimedia and handouts as the course progress
The above rates apply to San Francisco. For other cities in BA near BART, a small transportation fee applies, usually $5 per meeting or $10 if house/place is not walking distance from public transportation.
And before any commitment, take your trial class at only $30